Establish a community garden.
There are lots of ways to Take Step Two:
- See if there is a community garden already in your area—if not, find a group committed to setting up and maintaining the garden.
- Identify a location with land/soil suitable for a garden and available for several years.
- Develop guidelines for how the garden will be used and maintained.
- Engage children, senior or other community groups in garden activities.
- Contact people who can help: master gardner's program, local food policy council, NC Community Garden Partners.