Teach children about food through school gardens.
There are lots of ways to Take Step Two:
- Find a school group committed to setting up and maintaining the garden.
- Identify a location with land/soil suitable for a garden and available for several years.
- Develop guidelines for how the garden will be used and maintained.
- Assist the school with ways to include the garden into classroom lessons and activities.
- Contact people who can help: master gardener’s program, local food policy council, NC Community Garden Partners.